My Student Can't See My Assignment
If your students don't see your assignment on their student dashboard, that means something is not set up correctly. Let's fix it!
PROBLEM: Student Not in Class
A student is not in the class that has the assignment, but she is one of the students in your account. You need to add her into the class called, "English".
Solution: Update Student's Classes
- Click Manage Students from dashboard.
- Click Manage User on the row for student.
- Click Add next to the correct class.
- Once the student is a member of the right class, that student will have access to the assignment.
(Student may need to refresh the browser window to see the change.)
PROBLEM: No Student Dashboard
A student created a regular free account instead of following your directions. (What? That never happens!)
Solution: Invite Student to your class
- Click Manage Classes from the dashboard.
- Click Invite Students and follow the prompts.
- Give the student(s) the join link to your class.
- Student clicks the link (logs in if necessary) and joins your class.
PROBLEM: All Students in Class Cannot See Assignment
All students are in the correct class, but none of the students can see the assignment.
Solution: Show Assignment to Students
Teachers can hide assignments if they don't want students to see them yet. Teachers must also choose to show the assignment when they are ready!
- Go to My Assignments
If an assignment is hidden, the assignment tile will be shaded and say "Hidden from Students".
- Click Show Assignment
Alternatively, click Show This Assignment from the Edit Assignment tab.
As always, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!