How can students share or present storyboards?
There are a variety of ways that students can share their work with or present to classmates.
Sharing a File
The easiest way for students to share their storyboards with each other is by downloading their storyboards as a fileand uploading them to a platform like Google Classroom, Canvas, a blog, or other LMS. Students can choose to download their storyboard in a variety of different formats, like high res image or powerpoint file.
Sharing a Link
Check out our instructions for changing the privacy settings for your account. Please note that changing this does not grandfather in already created storyboards, so you will have to manually adjust the settings for each storyboard.
The storyboard privacy for educational accounts can be made so that only students within the account can view the storyboard.
- Step 1: Go to Storyboard Page
Click on "View Details" to go to the storyboard's page.
- Step 2: Copy URL
Copy the URL in the address bar of your browser. (Ctrl + C)
- Step 3: Paste URL
Paste the URL wherever you want to share, such as an email to classmates, a LMS like Google Classroom or Canvas, or a shared document. (Ctrl + V)
There is a slide show feature built in to Storyboard That which will allow students to show their storyboards one cell at a time right from the website.
- Select the storyboard you wish to present from "My Storyboards"
- Click "View Details"
- Click "View This Storyboard as a Slide Show!"
- Use the buttons in the slideshow view to go to the next slide as you present!
Students can also download their storyboard as a presentation and present it virtually or in the classroom.
Download All Student Storyboards in an Assignment
Need to download all of your student's storyboards at once to post on your class website or keep for offline grading? You can download all storyboards in an assignment with just the click of a button. This option downloads each storyboard as a high-res image and puts them all together in a .zip folder for you.
- Click on the assignment you want to view.
- Scroll down below the first storyboard displayed.
- Click "Download All Storyboards".
- The storyboards will automatically download in a .zip folder and be stored wherever your downloads usually go.
- To retrieve the storyboards, extract them from the .zip folder!